- Date: -
- Entrance Fee: $7 per person
- Venue: Khaneye Iran, IAB Location, 17 Nicols Avenue, Watertown, MA 02472
- AT DOOR
Persian classical music is based on improvisation and composition, and it is interwoven with Persian poetry. The repertoire of this music, known as the radif, consists of several hundred short melodic movements called gusheh. Each gusheh has a unique character, feeling, and history to it, which has been passed on orally from generation to generation.
The art of poetry has been considered a jewel of Iranian culture for thousands of years! Their poetry has always been inspiring and has served as a cultural cement that ties communities together and allowed ideals to be replicated over time.
If you have even the slightest interest in poetry, then do not miss out on this great event! You can share poems from famous poets, recite your own written work or can even just come to show your appreciation and love for poetry! If you would like to recite, feel free to do so in any language you feel comfortable with.
There will be live instrumentals being played throughout the evening and Persian refreshments will be provided. So what's not to love?! Come immerse yourself in a beautiful evening!!
The event program:
- Topic:History of Iranian Musical Instruments
- 7:00 - Welcome
- 7:15 - 7:30 - Piano by Amir Mahallati
- 7:30 - 8:15 - History of Iranian Musical Instruments by Manouchehr Madanipour
- 8:15 - 8:30 - Ode to Anoushiravan Rohani by Manouchehr Madanipour
- 8:30 - 9:00 - Intermission
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Piano music and composition by Nikan Milani
- 9:45 - Adjourn