Mission & Purpose
The Iranian Association of Boston is dedicated to promoting the cultural and social understanding of Iranian Americans as well as encouraging mutual understanding between Iranian Americans and the community at large in the Boston area.
The IAB offers the following programs and services:
- Aiding Iranian Americans in need by matching their requirements with established Iranian American providers, such as physicians, business owners, college professors, attorneys and other professionals.
- Language classes to enable all participants the opportunity to learn English or Farsi (for younger Iranians).
- Comfort and aid to families in distress by finding emergency child care, social workers, rides to medical facilities and other family- oriented assistance.
- Sponsored activities to help next-generation Iranian Americans learn and preserve our culture and heritage.
- Sponsored seminars on various social and academic subjects with the intent of bringing together Iranian Americans of diverse backgrounds.
- Programs for seniors to help working Iranian Americans care for aging dependents.
- Sponsored events and festivities to promote and preserve Iranian culture and heritage within our community.
- Sponsored sporting events to engage our youth and preserve family values.
- Library of Iranian-related books and periodicals for the community to browse.